Special Funds, Plaques and Leaves
In lieu of gifts for family and friends, you may wish to contribute to one of the Temple’s special funds or purchase a Yahrzeit Plaque or Leaf on the Tree of Life as a means of celebrating happy occasions, for condolences or for memorial donations. If you choose to donate to a fund, please print and mail in the donation form available here.
Special Funds for Your Charitable Contributions
- Aaron and Pearl Parker Religious School Fund = For the support of the religious school.
- Altar Fund = For flowers on those occasions when they are not donated by individuals.
- Bill Bentley Fund = For Temple Emanu-El Youth Services.
- Building Fund
- Cantor Fund = Provides support for the music program at the Temple.
- Capital Expenditure Fund = Provides money to purchase capital equipment for the Synagogue apart from the regular budget.
- Celia Winterholer Organ Fund = Provides money for maintenance of the organ.
- Craig Blumsack Fund = Provides financial assistance to our youth for purposes of study, travel, camp experience or participation in Judaic activities.
- Dr. Sanford Blank Computer Fund = Provides support for new software and computer technology.
- Endowment Fund = Used to maintain and expand the religious, educational, cultural and social activities of the Congregation.
- Essential Services Fund = The normal revenue of the Temple and supports Temple programs and administration.
- Isaaca Siegel Landscape Fund = Provides for landscaping of the Temple grounds.
- Kitchen Fund
- Lothar Knobel Library Fund = For the purchase of books and other items for the library.
- Meyer Goodman Fund = Provides money for speakers, films and special events.
- Mitzvah Fund = Provides money for good deeds and emergencies.
- Prayer Book Fund = For the purchase of High Holiday and Sabbath prayer books and Haggadahs.
- Rabbi Aaron Rosenberg Tikkun Olam Scholarship Fund
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund = For the Rabbi’s use in support of many requests for aid and in support of activities and causes that benefit the congregation, the Jewish community and the general community.
- Ruth Joan Brody Religious School Fund = For special events for the Religious School.
- Sam Kushner Fund = Provides scholarship to members of of our youth groups for institutes and summer camp.
- Torah Fund = For the repair, inspection and purchase of Torah scrolls.
Leaf on the Tree of Life: $200.00
Yahrzeit Plaque: $200.00
PLEASE SEND ALL DONATlONS TO THE TEMPLE OFFICE
P.O. Box 288, Waterford, CT 06385