The Sisterhood is an auxiliary group interested in sharing their talents and energy, while connecting with other women in the Temple Emanu-El community through intellectual, spiritual and social activities.
Upcoming Sisterhood Events
Our Spring Mah Jongg Tournament was on Monday, June 3.
Thank you to Iris Freeman, Robbin Alpert and Shelley Arenson – under their expert direction the Sisterhood held another successful Mah Jongg Tournament! Thank you also to all of the Sisterhood volunteers who helped with the food prep & serving, gave donations and helped with the creation of the beautiful baskets for the raffle. A fun day was had by all!
Temple Emanu-El Judaica Shop
The Temple Emanu-El Gift Shop does not have regular hours during the summer. Appointments can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular hours will resume in September when Religious School begins.
It is not too early to think Hanukkah. The seasonal shopping starts in the summer. If there is anything in particular you would like to see please contact Susan Hausman at email@example.com
Our kick-off dinner was fantastic, with almost 60 women getting together for a great dinner and camaraderie at Cafe Sol!
- Operating the Judaica Shop
- Membership Kick-off and Year End Dinners
- Apples and Honey for Rosh Hashanah after the Children’s Service
- Sending Chanukiot to all college students whose families are members of the Temple
- Providing Oneg for Rosh Hashanah
- Sponsoring dessert for one night of the Jewish Film festival
- A dedicated Friday night Sisterhood Service
- Mah Jongg Tournaments
- Movie Nights
- Sisterhood Dinner Club
Other Past Activities
- Family hikes
- Yoga classes
- Zumba classes
- Afternoon Tea
- Trivia night
- Book Club
Contact the Sisterhood