Temple Emanu-El Brotherhood provides a variety of support services to the Temple. Membership is open to all men in the Temple. There are no other requirements or dues.
Caretaking Speaker Series
The Brotherhood of Temple Emanu-El sponsored a Caretaking speaker series in three sessions at Temple Emanu-El:
PLANNING FOR PROBATE – Probate Judge Jeffrey McNamara of the Niantic Regional Probate District explained the documents and procedures of probate and answered questions from the audience. Probate Court User Guides were available as well.
The second session, NAVIGATING TITLE 19, featured Michelle Dempsey of Mystic. Her business, Title 19HELP, specializes in the area of Medicaid, specifically Title 19, and Michelle has worked in the field for 15 years. She addressed long-term care and nursing home issues. Hand-outs were provided to lessen the need for note taking.
The third session, SENIOR RESOURCES, was by Joan Marshall of the Area Agency on Aging in Norwich. She explored information and resources in this geographical area for the various needs of the senior population. Questions from the audience were encouraged.
Thanks to the Brotherhood for providing breakfast, and thank you, Michelle Snitkin, for coming up with the idea and making arrangements for the speakers.
Brotherhood “Italian Nite”
Brotherhood Italian Nite was on March 24. Chef Mike Reinhard and his crew of merry men (were merry men Italian?) served up their delectable Eggplant Parmesan and all the sides.
Regular Brotherhood Activities
- Arranging social activities
- Breakfast service at the Annual Membership meeting
- Building the Sukkah
- High Holiday ushering
- Monthly card game
- Preparing and serving the annual Italian Night
- Preparing and serving the annual Latke Dinner
- Serving bagels and coffee every Sunday Morning during Religious School
- Summer Outdoor Family Service and BarBQ
- Assisted in organizing trips to sporting events
- Co-chaired the Progressive Dinner
- Expanding informal summer picnics
- Helped arrange and fund the 50/30 celebration of both the Rabbi and the Temple
- Sunday Softball (involving the whole Jewish Community)
Contact the Brotherhood