Volunteer in the Local Community
To see ways to help in the community, please scroll down.
The goal of the Mitzvah Corps is to help congregants who have emergency needs as well as those who need home visits, assistance with rides, getting to appointments, or providing help for day to day activities etc.
- Any Temple member in need of help from the Mitzvah Corps, or any Temple member who wants to join the Mitzvah Corps as a volunteer, should contact the Temple office at 860-443-3005.
The New London Community Meals Center
For many years temple volunteers have prepared, provided and cleaned up after a meal at the New London Soup Kitchen. If interested in volunteering contact Hali Keeler.
There is also a Soup Kitchen in Groton and temple members are involved there. The Groton kitchen does not provide all meals. If interested in volunteering there, you should contact Matt Shulman.
- Help prepare and serve a meal continues on the third Tuesday of each month at the Community Meals Center in New London. Contact Marty Zeldis for details and contact information at email@example.com
Need a Mask? Make a Mask?
Volunteers made 300 masks our first week! We are distributing masks to Temple members and community organizations inclucluding the Homeless Hospitality Center, Safe Futures (domestic shelter), and New London Health Collective.
If you need a mask, contact the Temple office at 860-443-3005. We will arrange for delivery.
To help – contact Marty or Matt:
Marty Zeldis • firstname.lastname@example.org • 860-442-4580
Matt Shulman • 2020JewishThought@gmail.com • 252-217-5865
Habitat’s for Humanity Builds
- These take place one to two times a month on Sundays. There is always something to do for everyone. Contact Marty Zeldis for details at email@example.com
Start Fresh Program
- Help settle refugee families in the area. Contact Karen Bloustine if interested in being involved.
Homeless Hospitality Center
- Offers shelter for those who are without. If interested in helping, contact Temple member Judy Mann.