If you have been reading Rabbi Marc’s weekly messages, you have already heard that we will have special guests, Rabbi Or Zohar and Feliza Bascara-Zohar, from Israel at Temple Emanu-El the weekend of October 26-28. Based in the Galilee, this husband-wife team have been sharing their original sacred music for over a decade, using it as a powerful tool for bringing people together and promoting a more pluralistic and progressive society in Israel. Feliza and Or have been touring the US to share their music with congregations throughout the country. Their original melodies are known, loved and used in various congregations around the world.
This weekend is generously funded through the Temple Emanu-El Endowment. We are grateful to the endowment. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a creative, progressive Jewish experience. The highlights of the weekend include:
FRIDAY (Open to the community)
• 7PM Kabbalat Shabbat and Oneg
SATURDAY (Open to the community)
• 10:30AM Shabbat Morning Service
• 12PM Shabbat Lunch – RSVP only.
• 1PM Shabbat Learning program on Reform Kabbalah with Rabbi Zohar
• 7PM Saturday evening concert
SUNDAY (Temple Emanu-El only)
• Religious School Program (for kids)
• Embodied Prayer Program with Feliza (for teens and adults)
• Discussion with Rabbi Zohar – Reform Judaism in Israel (for teens and adults)