This summer Temple Emanu-El observances will take advantage of the long days and good weather. We have a busy season planned! Our summer Shabbat services are starting at 7:00 P.M. We are eager to have congregants host Havdalah services this summer. We do have one host family. If you would like to host one please contact Roberta or Sherry. Please watch your emails to get details about the Havdalah services.
- We are looking forward to having a joint Shabbat service with Congregation Beth El on July 6.
- Starting July 13 we will be having congregants leading our Shabbat services. These are always heartfelt and unique services. They’re always worth attending. Please support your friends and join us!
- We began our Shabbat “walk and talk” leisurely strolls on the Niantic boardwalk and had such a good time that we’ll be doing this again very soon. Please watch your weekly emails for details about this way to get to know each other and spend an hour or so relaxing on Shabbat.
- Join us for a sociable Bar-B-Q and meaningful Shabbat service on August 10. Please R.S.V.P. for this event.
- Our Shabbat picnic breakfast and walk at Bluff Point in Groton will be August 18. The Religious Practices committee provides the lox and bagels (with other fixings) at the picnic tables near the parking lot at 9:30 a.m. We will take a leisurely stroll to the bluff starting around 10:00 a.m. We’ll sing with Sherry and reflect on Rabbi Marc’s prayers and readings. If the one mile walk isn’t appealing, bring a lawn chair and enjoy the picnic area with other breakfast participants. No RSVP is needed!
- Beginning August 17, we will again be counting on our congregants to bring food and drink to Shabbat services for our onegs. Don’t forget to visit our online sign up site to participate in making our Shabbat receptions delicious and welcoming for all.